Board Of Trustees
Board of Trustees:
Chair Person Andrea Rosser
Secretary Aroha Te Wiata
Principal Rauru Walker
Elected Members Cherie Wood, Bex Cowan, Nathaniel Goza, Sara Velasquez
Staff Rep Yvonne Tahere
Board of Trustee Elections 2019:
The triennial Board of Trustee elections are to be held in May this year. There are 5 positions on our Board for parent Trustees. Some of the Boards tasks are listed below:
• monitors progress towards the long-term plan and goals to make sure the things that are happening in the school are going in the right direction
• monitors and evaluates student progress and achievement to make sure that every student is getting the preparation they need to survive and thrive in the world
• makes overall decisions about the school or kura's property (grounds and buildings), finances, curriculum (what is taught) and administration. These decisions are often made on the advice of the principal and staff, and are carried out by the principal and staff once they are made.
• makes sure that the school or kura meets the government's responsibilities under the Treaty of Waitangi
• makes sure that other government requirements are met - for example, the requirements for the needs of priority learners (Māori learners, Pasifika learners and learners with special education needs) to be identified, planned for and met
• appoints and supports the principal and assesses their performance
If you are considering putting your name forward, there will be an information evening at Ōtaki College in the next few weeks. I will advise you of the date when it is confirmed. Or speak to one of our current Board members, Bex Cowan, Slade Sturmey, Andrea Rosser, Helena Winiata, Mahinarangi Hakaraia or Kelly Goodwin.